I was "tagged" with the Honest Scrap award by my sweet Fashionably Infertile e-friend on Thursday. I am honoured and happy to oblige.
'Ere 'Tis The Rules:
1) Choose a minimum of (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the (7) winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least (10) honest things about yourself. I chose to list (25)...just because.
'Ere 'Tis My Scraps:
1. I must sleep in pitch black silence with a blanket over my shoulder.
2. I have this recurring dream since childhood that a troll/gremlin/scary black thing that I can’t really see hides under the bed and sloooooowly pulls my covers off. Sometimes I get pissed off and brave and try to catch the little bastard...to no avail.
3. I’ve loved Tori Amos since high school, especially when the Little Earthquakes album came out in 1992, but not so much since she got uberly popular. When an artist becomes mainstream, I usually ditch ’em.
4. There is a dark mole on the side of my nose tip since birth. Sometimes I have a tendency to stare at it in the mirror...secretly wishing it would just fall off already.
5. I lack patience...specifically when it comes to ignorant people.
6. To me, dish washing is the ultimate housekeeping curse.
7. I am obsessed with all things Victorian, especially paper ephemera and photographs. My collection has only gotten larger since getting a better paying job and a husband who thinks I’m cool and weird, not necessarily in that order...
8. I’m a granola-stalkin’ treehugger who strongly supports and encourages the fair trade movement; however, I just can’t get enough of the Anthropologie clothing store and I hesitate to discover what their ethical policies are for fear that I will never be able to set foot in one again.
9. I love bats and have wanted to study them since Mom bought me the Wildlife Treasury cards when I was 8. Is there such a thing as a Batologist?
10. I’m an extreme movie critic through and through. My husband will attest to the fact that I compulsively know actor and actresses by only seeing/hearing them in a film once AND I can usually spot a mistake without any help. It makes for an interesting movie night.
11. My husband is my best friend in the whole wide world.
12. I've always felt a certain affinity towards the Dodo.
13. I once wrote a letter to an egg. Mine.
14. I dye my hair pink and feel sheer elation when out of the corner of my eye, I see pinkish strands glisten in the sunlight.
15. I secretly want to sing in a Ska band.
16. I love to wear knee-high boots and long stripe socks.
17. I share a birthday with Frida Kahlo, the 14th Dalai Lama, and George W. Bush.
18. I am an eco-preneur who owns (2) earth-conscious websites ~ moondropclothiers.com and theconsciouschild.com .
19. (5) places I MUST visit before I die: Belgium, England, New Zealand, Tibet, and France.
20. My Blog. An electronic substitute for a hand-written journal...mainly because I'm too lazy to use a pen.
21. I wear French parfum everyday.
22. I really enjoy weird obscure surrealist art and film.
23. I wish my sister lived closer.
24. I am a collage art enthusiast and love to discover little stories within them. I've only just started to make my own...bringing my own little stories to life.
25. I have a large tattoo on my upper left arm of a lotus flower and ocean waves. Now that work proclaimed we are still receiving a bonus this year despite the economic downturn, I plan to elaborate on it...thinking a splashing koi will complete my half sleeve quite nicely.
So. I now bestow the Honest Scrap award to:
A Monkey Girl's Existential Drama
The Glimmering Prize
Hope Springs Infertile
Seaweed and Gardenias
Sugar Magnolia Creations
Who Shot My Stork?
My b/w results came back this afternoon and I'm happy to report the hCG levels have now dropped to 394. I'm scheduled for more b/w next Wednesday. (This will be the routine for the next few weeks until the hCG is 5.) My sister-in-law is in town on Saturday and spending the night at our house. I plan to consume a frosty adult beverage this weekend...even if it kills me.