Sunday, February 22, 2009

Create Some Drama



Photobucket
This is an ACEO I created last year. I call it "Create Some Drama." It is made using magazine images, paper scraps, gold pigment ink, navy blue archival ink, a plastic egg cut in half, brass ball chain and tiny swarovski crystals.

ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. They are miniature works of art. This artwork is 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches ~ the size of a standard playing card. I actually made it on top of an old Queen of Clubs.

This piece has special significance to me as an average woman suffering from Infertility. It was my first-ever IF collage. The inspiration behind its creation was after leafing through a popular celebrity magazine and seeing page after page after page of Hollywood stars toting their children around like expensive leather handbags. It seems having (multiple) children is a fashionable trend similar to those god-awful Ugg boots and skinny jeans every teenager is wearing this winter. Please do not even get me started about Nadya Suleman and her brood of 14.

Anyway, I will post more pieces of my art as time goes by. Never fear, they will not all be IF themed. There's plenty of bird and egg collages too. :)
Align Center

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that!!! You are so talented. Hope you are doing better and your spirits have lifted a bit. When do you go back to your RE to discuss next steps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, my dear! I was a bit hesitant to post my work ~ it is so damn personal; however, I decided to throw caution to the wind. Happy to hear you love it! That is quite flattering to read. :)

    I go for b/w tomorrow and hopefully my hCG are way down. I'm not prepared mentally to have surgery on my tired innards.

    ReplyDelete